Monday 27 June 2022

Watch Her Fall - Erin Kelly


 I picked this one up after enjoying Broadchurch - the book and the adaptation. Twitter was buzzing with good reviews about this one and Erin Kelly is a writer that I have always loved.

Plus since the story is set in the world of ballet I knew I was in a for a good read.

Blurb

I WATCHED HER RISE

Ava has devoted her life to being the best at what she does. Now she's at the top, she has the world at her feet.

I TRACKED HER EVERY MOVE

Except, the feeling of success isn't what Ava expected. She's lonely and paranoid - and terrified. Because someone is watching her. A rival who wants what she has and is prepared to kill to get it.

AND NOW I'LL WATCH HER FALL

 My review:

  • I loved the setting of the ballet world. The hard work and the competition that goes into the making of a dancer is done well here.
  • I also loved the character of Ava, the way the character pans out and also that of her father and mentor. I could relate to the characters and their motivations and was invested in how they dealt with situations.
  • A pacy read, I was so glad I was on holiday when I picked it up. It had me racing through the  pages.
  • The pacing is amazing till the twist but then after that, it becomes quite predictable. As it headed towards its conclusion, it felt a bit forced as if the story had lost its fuel and was just getting to the finish line.


Overall a very atmospheric novel about a world that has beautifully researched and presented. I would rate it high for that reason alone.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment